Friday, April 5, 2013

Williams April 4th


[I king my motorway]


I king my motorway, shine my bamboo wheels. I whitewall
the rubberized onlookers & make good on my
scandalmonger promises. Once, I was a gutter write-

off, a lunacy paragon, but now I take my tea with your gleaming
patriarchs, your falsetto hucksters. My chalets are legion, are remote
& visited by debauchery—not bad for a pallbearers’ assistant from east

jesus, usa. I am a thing motivated by my obsessions, my falsity
wingspans. The sleeping pensioner finds himself nestled
in my doorway & I invite him in, invite him to despise

me over a dish of kidneys in red wine. He offers his slander & I
rejoice, I am ebullient, buoyant in scorn & slight regard. Of course,
he will have calamities visited upon his person, he will have his organs

removed & shorn, brined & jarred. But, for now, he is my guest, my faithful
reminder of mountains & pot stills, of cowpaths & rotten gums. He devils
me like a set of rusty handcuffs, a braided shank. My teeth come out after.

No comments:

Post a Comment