Poem From Behind the Mask of an Ass
"The position of an ass is a particularly convenient one for observing the secrets of everyday life." M.M. Bakhtin
My answer here does not come in a list or from a key. A body only curls in on itself. A question mark. After all, my King is not your king. When your face comes too close to an awakening, I'll be there, stacking stones in the corner. I'll be waiting to throw the first one. My hooves clap to the adulterated light of the moon. The coiling white beams, the scorpions creeping the sand. Every wild space seduces. But fire breeds: your sweat, your nakedness, your ashes, & finally your death. You will not be allowed to writhe.
"The position of an ass is a particularly convenient one for observing the secrets of everyday life." M.M. Bakhtin
My answer here does not come in a list or from a key. A body only curls in on itself. A question mark. After all, my King is not your king. When your face comes too close to an awakening, I'll be there, stacking stones in the corner. I'll be waiting to throw the first one. My hooves clap to the adulterated light of the moon. The coiling white beams, the scorpions creeping the sand. Every wild space seduces. But fire breeds: your sweat, your nakedness, your ashes, & finally your death. You will not be allowed to writhe.
No comments:
Post a Comment